Organizations are increasingly turning to data to drive business outcomes. The cloud has become an ...
How to Use Dynamic Content in Emails within Microsoft Marketing?
Batch-and-blast marketing is no longer an effective technique for marketing campaigns. Generic emails often lead to blanket unsubscribes and lost opportunities where as personalized messages give your audience quality content over quantity.
With Microsoft Marketing you can create personalize emails using dynamic content without having to create multiple versions of emails for different contacts. Dynamic content describes any email content that changes based on your subscribers’ information and behaviors. With dynamic content, you can customize specific aspects of an email helping you build personalized experiences for your customers. This approach takes your marketing messaging to the next level and gives your business a better chance at piquing the interest of your prospects and customers.
What are the benefits of dynamic email content?
- Add value to your email marketing strategy by making sure your contacts see only the information they need
- Increase the effectiveness of your email campaigns by improving engagement
- Improve conversions by recommending relevant products and services based on past purchase behaviours
- Build brand loyalty by creating a more personalized email experience
Step 1 Create a new email marketing message
To create a new email marketing message, go to Marketing > Marketing Execution > Marketing emails and select New on the command bar.
Establish your basic layout by choosing the right template. You can also create your own custom templates
- After choosing a template. Enter a name and subject - To enter a name, click the drop-down arrow beside status reason (on the right) and enter a name for your new message
Step 2: Use assist edit to place dynamic field values
Assist edit helps construct valid dynamic expressions from recipient records. This button is provided on the text formatting toolbar whenever you select a text element in the graphical designer within the template. Assist edit is also available for other settings fields, such as the subject, from-address, and from-name fields.
To use Assist edit:
- Position your cursor in the field or text element where you want to insert the dynamic text, and then select the Assist edit button . The assist-edit dialog opens.
- Under Dynamic content there are the following options:
- Contact: Places a field value, from the contact record.
- Content Settings: Places a field value such as a subscription center URL, forwarding URL, a forward-to-a-friend link, social-media links, your postal address, and other information.
- FormDoiSubmission: Places a dynamic field for form double opt-in.
- Message: Places values that relate to the message itself; currently, this includes the open-as-webpage URL and the various dynamic values used in double opt-in emails.
- Once, you have identified the specific field you want to place within the email message you will see the final expression under preview.
- Select Insert to place the expression in the email.
The assist-edit feature only shows entities and relations that are synced with the marketing-insights service. If you need to show information or use relations for one or more entities that aren't listed, contact your administrator to add the relevant entities to the marketing-insights service.
If this article was helpful to you, consider checking out some of our other blogs about Dynamics 365 Microsoft Marketing. If you need further support and training with Microsoft Marketing – speak to one of our CRM experts today!
Overview of the Microsoft Power Platform
Power Pages – improve your business easier and faster!
Looking for a fast and easy way to create a public-facing, modern, ...
What is the all-new Real-Time Marketing?
The key to engaging customers today, is to be heard over the ...