Field Service for Microsoft Dynamics 365
Field Service empowers companies to improve customer satisfaction, first time fix rates, and resource productivity.
Microsoft delivers advanced scheduling, resource optimization and mobile enablement capabilities that set organizations apart by keeping the customer at the center of the business. Field service, including advanced analytics, machine learning and the Internet of Things’ capabilities, allows organizations to move from a costly break-fix model to a never-fail service model.
We provide complete flexibility in how organizations choose to schedule their resources by offering manual, assisted, and automated, optimized scheduling. In each of these workflows, we support schedulers with visual cues to simplify their work.
We leverage inventory management capabilities that capture real-time information from deliveries and technicians to ensure that the right parts are always ready to go. On their way to and at the customer location, technicians use a mobile app to stay connected. Each technician updates their status like driving, in-progress work, and completed work. The mobile app also provides step-by-step instructions for the task at hand. The technician can snap photos of the completed work, get customer sign-off, and even collect payment.
Keep the customer informed during every interaction of the service chain to increase brand loyalty and advocacy.
Provide employees and technicians with 360° information, from any location to improve resource productivity and customer satisfaction.
Improve profitability by optimizing schedules and use remote troubleshooting so a technician is dispatched only when necessary.
- Service Agreements
- Schedule and Dispatch
- Inventory management
- Connected Field Service
- Customer centric experience
Field Service helps organizations improve customer satisfaction with reliable service through predictable service delivery and inventory management with flexible service schedules that can be recurring if needed.
It also maintains the accuracy of service contracts, warranties, and installed products across customers, geographies, and locations.
When contract data is accurate and available, SLAs are met, customers are satisfied, and all service revenue is accounted for. Enhanced visibility into accurate contract information not only drives faster, more accurate billing, it enables field service teams to identify new sales opportunities to drive additional revenue.
Contract and SLA Management
- Manage terms and conditions.
- Apply different billing rates for various types of work and materials.
- Automate escalations.
- Classify assets with barcodes or serial numbers.
- Track asset location, maintenance needs, and repair history.
- Track warranties against assets.
- Provide ﬁeld staff with visibility into terms and expiration dates.
- Ensure that service and billing conform to warranty stipulations.
Schedule and Dispatch
Field Service provides the ability to manage people and equipment with flexible scheduling options. A drag-and-drop schedule board allows dispatchers to assign resources and setup schedules for multiple work orders using a map or list view, while resource scheduling optimization fully automates scheduling.
- Identifies and organizes available resources by categories to balance workloads and resources.
- Matches characteristics of technicians against requirements of work.
- Understands geography, availability, truck inventory, regulatory requirements, customer preference, and service level agreement.
- Easily reallocate resources in response to changes or emergency situations.
- Multiple scheduling options from drag and drop to fully automated and optimized.
Resource Scheduling Optimization
Automatically create an optimized, prioritized schedule. Typically, to fit in the most appointments per day, an organization optimizes for distance between appointments.
As daily work gets added or removed from a schedule, the schedule gets re-optimized in real time to ensure the field service organization is humming.
Schedulers can lock certain appointments to fulfill a prior service promise made to customers, and ensures that personal time like breaks and lunch example, are not included in the shuffling of the schedule.
- Fit in more appointments per day.
- Prioritize highest value customers.
- Minimize driving time.
- Send a customer’s preferred technician.
Synchronize inventory, set re-order points and track inventory down to the truck level helping drive efficiency and productivity. Manage your inventory across locations, including warehouses, depots, and trucks. Inventory is always accurate, so you can better track your service stock for fewer write-offs, and create better forecasts.
- Improve first-time fix rates with accurate allocation of parts.
- Provide mobile access of inventory and parts information to management resources.
- Manage inventory information for any part transaction: return material authorizations (RMAs), stock adjustment, or stock transfer.
- Track service stock accurately at mobile and ﬁxed locations to reduce write-offs.
- Adjust inventory records automatically based on ﬁeld use or en route purchasing.
- Effectively forecast materials’ requirements.
- Take advantage of bulk and just-in-time ordering.
No matter what device is used, organizations can leverage native mobile applications to provide real time and offline data and gain visibility into customer information to improve field processes and increase technician productivity.
Mobile workers are provided with a calendar of work order details that can be dynamically updated. Work orders are linked to customer and case history, installed product configurations, parts information, pricing, and more.
- Access all relevant information like case, customer information and history, equipment, and recommended steps for repair.
- Easily update work orders to ensure accurate information.
- Maintain consistency of work performed with step-by-step checklists.
- Launch and complete satisfaction surveys.
- Capture client signatures, generate invoices, and collect payment.
- Take and store photographs of work.
- Route technicians on the best route with turnby-turn directions.
- Technicians update their status between traveling, working, on break, etc. to ensure visibility for dispatch.
Connected Field Service
Connected Field Service allows a field service organization to detect, troubleshoot, and resolve issues remotely so a technician is dispatched only when necessary.
In a traditional field service organization, the customer has a problem and calls to get it fixed. Connected Field Service eliminates the customer concern by attempting to complete self-healing repairs remotely before sending out a technician.
Connected Field Service for Preventative Maintenance
Organizations can benefit from “just-in-time” preventative maintenance instead of scheduled preventative because Connected Field Service can look at the actual consumption of a part and send out alerts when the part needs to be changed or cleaned.
Because Connected Field Service ingests millions of messages from millions of devices, machine learning capabilities allow Field Service to predict when a device needs attention and automate self-healing or maintenance steps before any kind of problem even registers through Azure IoT.
Connected Field Service Incremental Path to Implementation
Basic: When an anomaly is detected, Field Service automatically creates a work order and dispatches a technician to consider the issue. This level of Connected Field Service takes a proactive approach to improve customer satisfaction by decreasing overall downtime and making repairs before customers become aware of the problem.
Advanced: When an anomaly is detected, Field Service asks the device to try to fix itself with a single, selfhealing command. If that command doesn’t work, then Field Service automatically creates a work order and schedules a technician. Organizations experience improved customer satisfaction levels and gain greater productivity because fewer technicians are dispatched when devices can self-heal.
Expert: At this level, Field Service initiates a multi-step workflow when an anomaly is detected. This attempts to fix the device in as many ways possible without requiring human intervention. This level maximizes customer satisfaction and resource productivity because a technician is only dispatched when all other possibilities are exhausted.
Customer Centric Experience
Field Service puts customers at the center of all interactions by keeping them informed, making communication easy, and ensuring they have positive interactions at every step.
- Customers can see upcoming service appointments and view completed and open cases through a portal.
- Integration with Glympse keeps customers informed of actual arrival times of the technician in real time and provides the technician’s photo and vehicle information.
- Customers automatically receive text messages and phone calls to keep them informed at every stage of service.
Have you downloaded our eBook yet? Learn to drive sales using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Digital Transformation & What it means for your Business? eBook
Download your free eBook today, and gain valuable knowledge on how to rediscover customer engagement, optimize operations and support data-driven decisions in ways you may not have considered yet.